Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The vanity project part I

Spring is definitely in the air in Perth, and thus begins Project Look Better Than I Do Now In The Very Near Future (title subject to change).  Actually let's name it Project Chio-ier in honour of a friend in high school who liked creating unholy hybrid words.  Step one commenced yesterday - I had some IPL done to remove broken capillaries on my nose.  I'm an idiot because I forgot to take a "before" picture.  Anyway here's the after:


(Debated with myself for like 10 minutes on whether or not to upload this as it's quite ugly and given how infrequently I blog, it will likely be the first image on the blog for several months.  Decided to do it to give myself incentive to blog again in the near future hahaha.)

ANYWAY.

You can see that I have a few freckles that have gone quite dark due to the IPL.  Apparently the laser sees them as blemishes (correct) and has zapped them too, so they will flake off over the course of about a week.  I still have one visible squiggly vessel (top left bridge) though this has been much reduced, and one red spot vessel (below the lower freckle).  I'm going back for a repeat treatment in four weeks, which should resolve these two entirely.  One thing that I'm quite amazed by is how tiny it made my pores!  Compare nose to cheeks - very nice!  (And truly my cheeks are not very bad - it's a bit exaggerated by the lighting I think.

As for how the treatment actually went - I've had IPL hair removal before.  The technician warned me that the intensity they use for blood vessels is stronger than for hair removal, so I was prepared for the sensation.  On the bridge of my nose it was very tolerable, but when she treated the side of my nose (the crease where the nostril meets the face, if you know what I mean) - whoa, I was not prepared for that!  It hurt a lot more than I was expecting :(  I jumped when she treated the first side, which was a bit embarrassing.  But anyway it's all over very quickly and certainly will not deter me from going for the follow-up treatment.  I had a sunburn-like sensation for about an hour, but that passed without me really noticing it at all.

I had my treatment at Skin Resus in Floreat.  They're very nice, and you get a $50 voucher if you join their VIP program.  I definitely recommend them!  (This is not a paid ad - nobody would pay for ads on a blog with hits so low or photos so rubbish.)

No comments:

Post a Comment