Monday, October 8, 2012

Lazy weekend


Things have been *crazy* around these parts for quite a while now, so it was nice to take some time over the weekend to slow down a little bit.  Here's what I did:
  • Breakfast on Saturday at cantina 663, my favourite breakfast spot in Perth, which coincidentally is happily walking distance from my house.  I had a strawberry and rhubarb salad with yoghurt and oat crunch, which was light and delicious.  So delicious, in fact, that my phone ate the photos, so you'll just have to use your imagination.
  • Tidied up the bedroom and finished laying our new rug.  

Like the bedside dressers?  They're IKEA Rast dressers that I painted myself to surprise Ant one weekend when he was away.  I'm still sort of ridiculously proud of them.  It was *hard work* cutting out the stencils for the gold bits, lemma tell ya.
  • Also changed around the interior fittings in my half of the wardrobe.  


Now I have a place for my shoes!  (Heels are not visible as they are stored on the floor of the wardrobe.)  If I could change two things about my house, it would be 1) sound insulation between us and our downstairs neighbour, and 2) more wardrobe space :(  We installed this wardrobe when we bought the house and it's as big as it can be, but... still pretty small, unfortunately.  My dream for the next house is a walk-in.
  • Had my hair done.  

I wanted to go all-over lighter with a lilac undertone, so I booked for that on the phone, but unfortunately the apprentice that took my call didn't allocate enough time so I had to settle for highlights and a root touchup.  I'm pleased with how it turned out, but next time I will make sure I speak to my stylist on the phone.  Anyway here's how it looks right now:
  • Used some MilkyFoot exfoliating pads.  

You've probably seen them around the blogosphere before, they're the plastic socks with lactic acid inside that cause your feet to shed all their dead skin in a dramatic/disgusting/awesome manner.  I've used these several times in the past and they give me a rash on the tops of my foot (ie where there's no dead skin to treat), so this time I tried to be crafty and slathered the tops of my feet with Vaseline first.  Didn't work; I look like I have crazy sunburn on my feet and it itches like mad :(  Does anybody have any suggestions...?  Anyway it's a temporary discomfort; should be fine by tonight.
  • Went to mum and dad's place and played with their bunny.  


This is Trogdor the Bunninator.  He's very demanding when it comes to cuddles!  He nips at your leg if he thinks you're not paying him enough attention.  It's quite relaxing to snuggle a bunny for a few hours :)

So that was my weekend!  Now back to work for a week until Wisdom Tooth D-day *ominous rumble*  Hope you all had a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment